Sunday 21 April 2013

Kinder Downfall circular walk

Taking advantage of a great sunny day I was able to pitch up early at my camp-site and head out for a walk I have been wanting to do for some time. For the last 2 years I have starred out from my Manchester flat window towards the peak district and its highest point on Kinder Scout. Today's walk allowed me to look back towards a distant Manchester city centre from the peaks instead. Visibility was not great so there are no photos showing Manchester. On a clear day you can see past Manchester & as far as Snowdonia.

Kinder Scout is actually a flat moorland plateau 636 metre above sea level with its western edge featuring dramatic edges and the Kinder Downfall waterfall. The 30m waterfall is often no more than just a trickle of water (as today) but after heavy rain is much stronger flow. Although an impressive sight its tricky to convey in any photographs. The last few photos show great views looking back up towards the western edge of Kinder Scout and downfall showing the route of the walk along the top edge,































No comments:

Post a Comment